- - - - -

Ristampe

• Please log in to reply
2071 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:05

...se ne sentiva proprio la mancanza. Nel vecchio forum, l'omonima discussione fu una delle più consultate e interessanti per monitorare l'ondata di ristampe, raccolte e cofanetti che sta letteralmente sommergendo gli scaffali dei negozi di dischi di tutto il mondo.

Se mi venisse richiesto di individuare la principale peculiarità dell'industria discografica degli anni Duemila, non esiterei un solo istante a descrivere la sovrapproduzione di ristampe della grande musica del passato che, attualmente, stanno adempiendo all'importante compito di colmare le lacune creative del musicista moderno (troppo spesso alle prese con idee mutuate dal passato e per nulla originali).

La funzione di questo thread, dunque, sarà quella di aggiornarci sulle "nuove" pubblicazioni (o ri-edizioni, cofanetti, etc.) dei nostri beniamini del passato.

Comincio con una segnalazione da paura (ovvero relativa alla riedizione ampliata del mio album preferito dei Pavement):

Immagine inserita

Pavement: Wowee Zowee - Sordid Sentinels Edition (2xCD Matador, 1995/2006) - "Wowee Zowee is right. Following in the footsteps of their 2002 reissue of Pavement's 1992 debut album Slanted & Enchanted and their 2004 reissue of 1994's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, Matador will reissue Pavement's fan-favorite third studio release, 1995's Wowee Zowee.

While a tracklist, release date, and load of additional information are still in the works, a few exciting tidbits about the reissue have been revealed by the folks at Matador.

Wowee Zowee version 2.0 will include around twenty album covers by Steve Keene, a never-before-heard concert from the WZ tour, and a number of previously unreleased tracks and rarities, many of which are alternate takes. And that's all we know right now, sorry!
" - Pitchfork, che tuttavia aggiunge:

"And the moment we've all been waiting for: the tracklist for Matador's deluxe two-disc reissue of Pavement's 1995 album Wowee Zowee. And goddamn, did Matador go all-out.

The Sordid Sentinels edition, due out November 7, features a whopping 18 unreleased tracks, including outtakes, live tracks, and radio sessions, as well as a ton of B-sides and random soundtrack and compilation tracks.

Did you know that Pavement was on a Descendents tribute album? Neither did I.
".

Ed ecco la tracklist:

DISC 01

01 We Dance
02 Rattled by the Rush
03 Black Out
04 Brinx Job
05 Grounded
06 Serpentine Pad
07 Motion Suggests Itself
08 Father to a Sister Of Thought
09 Extradition
10 Best Friend's Arm
11 Grave Architecture
12 AT & T
13 Flux = Rad
14 Fight This Generation
15 Kennel District
16 Pueblo
17 Half a Canyon
18 Western Homes
19 Sordid [previously unreleased Wowee Zowee session outtake]
20 Brink of the Clouds [Rattled by the Rush b-side]
21 False Skorpion [Rattled by the Rush b-side]
22 Easily Fooled [Rattled by the Rush b-side]
23 Kris Kraft [Father to a Sister of Thought b-side]
24 Mussle Rock [Father to a Sister of Thought b-side]
25 Give It a Day [Pacific Trim EP
26 Gangsters & Pranksters [Pacific Trim EP
27 Saganaw [Pacific Trim EP
28 I Love Perth [Pacific Trim EP
29 Sentinel [previously unreleased Wowee Zowee session outtake]

DISC 02

01 Sensitive Euro Man [I Shot Andy Warhol soundtrack]
02 Stray Fire [previously unreleased Wowee Zowee session outtake]
03 Fight This Generation [recorded March 3, 1994 at Hilversum, Holland]
04 Easily Fooled [recorded March 3, 1994 at Hilversum, Holland]
05 Soul Food [Wowee Zowee jam session w/Doug Easley on piano]
06 It's a Hectic World [from Homage to Descendents tribute album]
07 Kris Kraft [BBC in-studio; Steve Lamacq Evening Session, March 15, 1995]
08 Golden Boys/Serpentine Pad [BBC in-studio; Steve Lamacq Evening Session, March 15, 1995]
09 Painted Soldiers [BBC in-studio; Steve Lamacq Evening Session, March 15, 1995]
10 I Love Perth [BBC in-studio; Steve Lamacq Evening Session, March 15, 1995]
11 Dancing With the Elders [from Medusa Cyclone/Pavement split 7"]
12 Half a Canyon [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
13 Best Friend's Arm [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
14 Brink of the Clouds/Candylad [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
15 Unfair [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
16 Eaily Fooled [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
17 Heaven Is a Truck [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
18 Box Elder [live; Wireless JJJ Radio, Australia, July 7, 1994]
19 No More Kings [from Schoolhouse Rock! Rocks comp]
20 Painted Soldiers [from Kids in the Hall in Brain Candy soundtrack]
21 We Dance (alternate mix) [previously unreleased Wowee Zowee session outtake]

E, per finire, beccatevi il video di Rattled By The Rush!!!

Forza, ragazzi: il 7 novembre è vicino...

#2 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*
  • Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:13

UT

Sprung from the downtown No Wave scene, Ut (Nina Canal, Jacqui Ham and Sally Young) originated in New York City in December 1978. The inheritors of the fertile collision between rock, free jazz and the avant garde that first manifest itself in the Velvet Underground, Ut soon became a serious force within the New York music scene.

The band were joined briefly by film-maker Karen Achenbach in 1979 before resuming as a three-piece and migrating to London in 1981. Ut toured the UK with bands such as The Fall, The Birthday Party, The Raincoats and Pigbag. Originally releasing albums on their own label, Out Records, the band became a favourite of John Peel's (http://www.bbc.co.uk...l/artists/u/ut/) and recorded a Session for his show in 1984 before joining forces with Blast First in 1987.

The critically acclaimed In Gut's House was originally released in 1988 and made NME's Top 50 that year. As The Washington Post exclaimed, "With In Gut??s House, Ut has scraped and droned one of the finest underground rock albums of the year... The tightly interwoven, firmly focused sound... is rich, spooky, urgent and quite unexpectedly beautiful.?

In 1989 the band recorded and released the album Griller. Engineered by label mate Steve Albini, who shared Ut's raw aesthetic. Griller captured the gripping intensity and sheer power of the Ut experience.

Unfortunately, Griller was to be Ut??s final release and in March 1990 Ut played their last concert in Paris.

A seminal influence on later bands such as Sonic Youth, and spiritual companions of The Fall, the miracle is not simply that Ut survived for 11 years, but that every Ut performance blasted away everything inessential and reached for the primal nerve.

Ut never softened or diluted its force, its restless confrontation and its pull on the secret heart of rock and roll.

Blast First / Mute reissue two classic UT albums ?? In Gut's House (1988) and Griller (1989) ?? on 14th August 2006.

Immagine inserita

http://www.mute.com/...se.jsp?id=31503
http://www.mute.com/...se.jsp?id=31190

quando ristamperanno Conviction??

#3 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:25

risegnalo ike yard (c'era già il thread)
non è una ristampa ma una raccolta

Artist:  IKE YARD
Title: 1980-82 Collected
Label: ACUTE RECORDS
Format: CD
Catalog #: ACT 008CD
"Influenced by their punk upbringing, avant-garde schooling, and no wave surroundings in early '80s NYC, Ike Yard managed to create a new sound by also tapping into equal parts the krautrock experimentation of Can, the Neue Deutsche Welle of DAF and the UK post-punk dub of PiL and Joy Division. This combination helped them to create sound and songs unique enough to catch the attention of Factory Records, who made them their first American signing. What really set Ike Yard apart were their cutting edge techniques. The mixing board and effects processors were as important as the bass, synth or occasional guitar, giving Ike Yard an aggressive and propulsive sound, where drum machines beat against the sound of scrap metal and angular guitar slashes dart through arpeggiated synth patterns. Acute Records released on 1980-82 Collected collects, for the first time, Ike Yard's two releases (their Factory LP and an EP for Les Disques di Crepuscule) plus several previously unreleased tracks."

http://www.forcedexp...s/ike.yard.html

il sito Acute Records è in fase di allestimento

#4 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:30

Artist:  IKE YARD
Title: 1980-82 Collected

E' uno dei dischi più insulsi che abbia ascoltato recentemente. Lo sconsiglio di cuore. Della Acute, invece, trovo sia imperdibile la raccolta dei Prefects (post-punk à la Homosexuals, per capirci)...

#5 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:36

E' uno dei dischi più insulsi che abbia ascoltato recentemente. Lo sconsiglio di cuore.

saranno bravi i Pavement, dei Fall senza le palle di M.E. Smith

#6 bebo

bebo

this modern love

• Redattore OndaRock
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 8006 Messaggi:

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:42

Non è di quest'anno ma era un po' che volevo segnalare una cosa, che per me, ha del magico: sono state ristampate di recente, purtroppo solo in vinile, tutte le pubblicazioni di Derrick May sotto il monicker Rhythim Is Rhythim. Magari interessa solo i più feticisti o una sparuta schiera di irriducibili, ma erano circa 10/15 anni che non se ne vedano a spasso.
Do you wanna come over and kill some time?
Tell me facts, tell me facts, tell me facts
Tell me facts
Throw your arms around me
Do you wanna come over and kill some time?
Throw your arms around me

a beast caged
u
nderwater dancehall

#7 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:43

E' uno dei dischi più insulsi che abbia ascoltato recentemente. Lo sconsiglio di cuore.

saranno bravi i pavement

;D

dei Fall senza le palle di M.E. Smith

...O dei Placebo senza le ovaie di Molko.

#8 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 16:55

saranno bravi i pavement

;D

dei Fall senza le palle di M.E. Smith

...O dei Placebo senza le ovaie di Molko.

preciso una cosa (non solo per Mattia): cerco di segnalare delle ristampe un minimo significative indipendentemente dai miei gusti (quei 2 album delle UT non sono certo fantastici come la raccolta Ike Yard, molto meglio Conviction)

#9 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 17:00

preciso una cosa (non solo per Mattia): cerco di segnalare delle ristampe un minimo significative indipendentemente dai miei gusti...

Il senso della discussione è proprio questo, infatti.

...(quei 2 album delle UT non sono certo fantastici come la raccolta Ike Yard, molto meglio Conviction)

'nnamo bene! Alla larga, allora...

#10 Enrico

Enrico

Roadie

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 670 Messaggi:

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 17:16

Lassigue è stupendo, consiglia solo i dischi che gli hanno fatto cagare. Sei più perverso di Ed Gein.

#11 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 17:20

Lassigue è stupendo, consiglia solo i dischi che gli hanno fatto cagare. Sei più perverso di Ed Gein.

ma non fanno cagare le UT; non mi piacciono come gli Ike Yard (almeno i 2 album ristampati)

e poi hai letto cosa ha detto il Washington Post (famoso per le previsioni meteo)?

The Washington Post exclaimed, "With In Gut??s House, Ut has scraped and droned one of the finest underground rock albums of the year... The tightly interwoven, firmly focused sound... is rich, spooky, urgent and quite unexpectedly beautiful.?

se non sai l'inglese non è colpa mia

#12 Enrico

Enrico

Roadie

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 670 Messaggi:

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 17:27

Immagine inserita

#13 frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop

That's right, The Mascara Snake, fast and bulbous

• Redattore OndaRock
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 20734 Messaggi:
  • LocationPalma Campania (Napoli)

Inviato 02 novembre 2006 - 18:03

UT

quando ristamperanno Conviction??

Eh, appunto... Manca proprio il loro capolavoro all'appello!

CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA

CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA (1/2)                                              CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA  (2/2)

PIERO SCARUFFI su Captain Beefheart &...

STORIA DEL ROCK

三生石

#14 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 07:22

La On-U Sound di Adrian Sherwood, congiuntamente alla EMI, il prossimo 13 novembre ripubblicherà in compact disc

Immagine inserita

Mark Stewart: Learning To Cope With Cowardice (On-U Sound, 1982/2006) - finora disponibile unicamente in una rara e costosissima edizione giapponese.

Saranno date alle stampe anche due raccolte: l'una sui Tackhead, l'altra sulla stessa On-U Sound...

#15 frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop

• Redattore OndaRock
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 20734 Messaggi:

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 13:14

Mark Stewart: Learning To Cope With Cowardice (On-U Sound, 1982/2006) - finora disponibile unicamente in una rara e costosissima edizione giapponese.

GODO!

CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA

CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA (1/2)                                              CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA  (2/2)

STORIA DEL ROCK

三生石

#16 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 13:30

http://www.cherryred...glaxobabies.php

Glaxo Babies
Dreams Interrupted : Dreams Interrupted: The Bewilderbeat Years 1978-1980

Glaxo Babies were the fore-runners of a wave of Bristol music that spawned The Pop Group, Rip Rig & Panic, Maximum Joy & Pigbag, who all became household names as the jagged edged angst movement quickly gathered respect throughout the world. A firm favourite with John Peel, the Glaxo's soon notched up their first session following on from the highly acclaimed first release - the 12" This your Life EP which included the classic "Who Killed Bruce Lee".

Always underrated but never dismissed, they fought back with the blistering Christine Keeler 45 often sighted as the bands finest moment. This collection spans their career, illustrating just how unique and original the Glaxos were, and how their relevance seems ever present with today's jagged edged sounds.

#17 Guest_Mattia_*

Guest_Mattia_*
  • Guests

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 14:08

http://www.cherryred...glaxobabies.php

Glaxo Babies
Dreams Interrupted : Dreams Interrupted: The Bewilderbeat Years 1978-1980

Glaxo Babies were the fore-runners of a wave of Bristol music that spawned The Pop Group, Rip Rig & Panic, Maximum Joy & Pigbag, who all became household names as the jagged edged angst movement quickly gathered respect throughout the world. A firm favourite with John Peel, the Glaxo's soon notched up their first session following on from the highly acclaimed first release - the 12" This your Life EP which included the classic "Who Killed Bruce Lee".

Always underrated but never dismissed, they fought back with the blistering Christine Keeler 45 often sighted as the bands finest moment. This collection spans their career, illustrating just how unique and original the Glaxos were, and how their relevance seems ever present with today's jagged edged sounds.

Questo è strepitoso. Iniziamo a capirci, Lassie...

Apparentemente nessuno si decide a ripubblicare Nine Months To The Disco (1980), sempre dei Glaxo Babies... Peccato.

#18 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 14:18

Questo è strepitoso. Iniziamo a capirci, Lassie...

preciso una cosa (non solo per Mattia): cerco di segnalare delle ristampe un minimo significative indipendentemente dai miei gusti (i Glaxo Babies ad esempio mi fanno cagare :- ))

#19 frankie teardrop

frankie teardrop

• Redattore OndaRock
  • 20734 Messaggi:

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 14:31

Apparentemente nessuno si decide a ripubblicare Nine Months To The Disco (1980), sempre dei Glaxo Babies... Peccato.

E vista la grandezza del disco, la cosa acquisisce direttamente i connotati della cazzata.

CAPTAIN  MASK REPLICA

STORIA DEL ROCK

三生石

#20 Guest_lassigue_bendthaus_*

• Guests

Inviato 03 novembre 2006 - 14:32

Senza nulla togliere a M. "Perfect teeth" Smith, non cadiamo nelle solite sterili scorribande etimologiche che altrimenti non finiamo più.

stavo scherzando dai (anche per quanto riguarda i Glaxo Babies)

i Pavement rimangono comunque antipatici

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

IPB Skin By Virteq