Foto
- - - - -

Joanna Newsom - Have One On Me [Drag City 2010]

• Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#501 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 13 luglio 2011 - 13:47

Comunque mi ero sbagliato: l'ep "poca roba" era il primo, "Walnut Whales".
La canzone del prossimo singolo era in "Yarn and Glue", che anticipava il primo lp. Ho riascoltato "What we have known" ma non è certo tra le migliori. Spero l'abbia ri-arrangiata e resa grandiosa. :ossequi:

esoteros

I have spoken softly, gone my ways softly, all my days, as behoves one who has nothing to say, nowhere to go, and so nothing to gain by being seen or heard.

(Samuel Beckett, Malone Dies)

#502 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 20 luglio 2013 - 23:09

Due nuovi canzoni direttamente dal Pitchfork Fest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_LGEczLMSY

http://onlynewsom.tu...rk-festival-set

Brava Giovanna, brava.

esoteros

I have spoken softly, gone my ways softly, all my days, as behoves one who has nothing to say, nowhere to go, and so nothing to gain by being seen or heard.

#503 Scott Pilgrim

Roadie

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 841 Messaggi:

Inviato 25 luglio 2013 - 20:10

si sa qualcosa sul prossimo disco?

#504 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 25 luglio 2013 - 23:16

Magari.

esoteros

#505 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 05 marzo 2014 - 23:00

Un bel riassunto dell'idea centrale che sta dietro le canzoni di Joanna, da un'intervista del 2005.

“I think that…it was something that I kind of slowly had moved toward for years and years. At the time that I had starting writing these songs, I had just switched from a composition major in college to a creative writing major, and I was writing short stories - poorly. The worst problem with them is that they were so dense that they were unreadable, like the sentences would take up half the page, and the words were really cumbersome and strange. I guess I started writing poetry at first, before writing song lyrics, as a way of trying to find the words and the ideas that were coming out of me, in the syntax that I kept adopting.
And then at that point, I realized I was really, really interested in a lot of older syntactical ideas that people didn’t seem as interested in nowadays, you know, kind of…sonnet forms and looking at syllabic emphases, how many syllables are in each line and which ones are stressed, and looking at the sort of math of the line. I started paying a lot of attention to that and to rhyming, which of course is not the most interesting idea to most writing students I guess, at least the ones that I encountered. I had never really been interested in trying to rhyme before, and I realized that these poems were really starting to resemble songs and I think at that point I got even more interested in syllabic emphases as I mentioned, because it started to become a really musical idea to me, like looking at the places where the stressed syllables in a sentence would intersect with the stressed beats in a song and looking at where they intersect and where they syncopated - another sort of treatment of the voice as instrument.
The things I talk about are sort of intuitive and stream of consciousness, they’re not really calculated ideas, but I really believe that any idea can be conveyed a million different ways, and so I try to fit them into this particular syntax that I find interesting and musical, to be supportive of the instrumental line.”

esoteros

#506 good vibrations

Il primo disco del White Album è davvero un disc one

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 8763 Messaggi:
  • LocationRoma

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 08:18

Maledetto, appena ho visto il thread uppato per un attimo ho sperato che....
Immagine inserita

#507 Ɲ●†

Haunted

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 12456 Messaggi:

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 10:09

le fosse successo qualcosa di brutto?
A chemistry of commotion and style

#508 bosforo

¬`¬`

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 19668 Messaggi:

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 10:09

Quello era Gozer con la bambola voodoo.

#509 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 10:50

MORITE MALE TUTTI.

esoteros

#510 good vibrations

Il primo disco del White Album è davvero un disc one

• Members
  • StellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStellettaStelletta
  • 8763 Messaggi:
  • LocationRoma

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 10:56

MORITE MALE TUTTI.

palozzino, io no :'(
intendevo che speravo in un nuovo pezzo :(
Immagine inserita

#511 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 06 marzo 2014 - 11:22

MORITE MALE TUTTI.

palozzino, io no :'(
intendevo che speravo in un nuovo pezzo :(

Lo so good che tu sei dalla parte giusta :luv:

esoteros

#512 paloz

Poo-tee-weet?

• Members
  • 25063 Messaggi:

Inviato 06 settembre 2015 - 17:53

Devo ammettere che sulle prime non credevo che "Sapokanikan" fosse un gran pezzo. Un bel teaser per il disco ma nulla più.
Invece è stupendo. Se ha un solo difetto è di essere ancora molto nello stile di HOOM, con l'aggiunta di qualche flauto dolce mai sentito. Ma resta un pezzone e fa ben sperare per il resto, al solito.

esoteros

0 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi